Cape Town Self Drive Safari
- Travel via the wine region & Klein Karoo
- Fruit growing region of Ceres
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- Two-hour game drive in open air 4x4
- Walk with giraffes (time permitting & at game rangers' discretion)
- Visit lion preservation project
- Lunch under the shade of trees or in the boma-style restaurant
- Relax by the pool in summer or by the fireplace in winter
Self Drive Safari
- Use your own transport and join us for one or two day safaris
- Overnight visitors are accomodated in luxurious ensuite bungalows and farmhouses respecting the architectural style of the Klein Karoo area
- Contact us for further information, reservations, directions
Departing from your hotel in Cape Town via N1 with your own vehicle.
We suggest that you depart from the hotel no later than 07:00. Arrival time at Inverdoorn Game Reserve must be no later thank 10h00.
The drive to the reserve take approximately 2h30min.
Cape Town Self Drive Safari
This one-day safari tour allows Cape Town visitors to get up-close and personal with Africa's most famous animals all just a short drive from Cape Town. This tour is perfect for people wanting to make the most of their time and enjoy a safari without sacrificing too much travel time in the country. Also, as the reserve is situated in the Western Cape, you will never need to worry about the risk of malaria, and a one day safari is easily and conveniently slotted into your schedule as a fun day outing to enjoy some of the Cape’s most stunning flora and fauna.
The Klein Karoo
The Klein Karoo area is one of the most beautiful areas in the Western Cape, bounded on the north by the Swartberg, and on the south by the Langeberg and Outeniqua mountains. This area was first explored by European settlers in the late 17th century, who came across only Khoisan people living in this dry area. Today, the area is one of the most popular travel destinations in the Cape, with a number of fascinating small towns including Ladismith, Calitzdorp, De Rust, and well-known mission stations such as Zoar, Amalienstein, Barrydale, Dysselsdorp and Ceres. No tour through the Klein Karoo would be complete without a visit to Inverdoorn however!
Over 1,200 wild animals can be seen, with a number of species including lion, cheetah, Black rhino, eland, leopard, jackal, Cape clawless otter and many more. Bird life is equally prolific, with a number of local and migratory species to be found across the reserve. Bird species you may encounter on this Cape Town safari include African fish eagle, blackbreasted snake eagle, giant kingfisher, Cape vulture, Cape eagle owl, flamingo, ostrich, secretary bird, sacred ibis, spotted eagle owl, black stork, barn owl and jackal buzzard to name just a few. A game drive across the reserve is the perfect way to take on the plentiful game and bird life that can be found at the Private Game Reserve.
- welcome Drinks
- Game Drive
- Transfert from/to Cape Town
- additional Drinks
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Not available on 25th December
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Hotel check in takes place from 14:00 and check out before 11:00 in the morning
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times