View Full-Size Image
Cape Town City Tour
Ask question about this Tour
MORNING TOUR: 08h00 – 12h30
Pick up and drop off from your hotel or Guest House around Cape Town.
Rate includes: Registered tourist guide, transport in air-conditioned vehicle, and entrance fees to South African Museum.
Not Available on the 25 December
To get a taste of the thriving centre of the Mother City, a Cape Town city tour is not to be missed. Situated in the middle of Cape Town, the city lies in the shelter of Table Mountain. Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, South African Museum and beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more besides. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about the Cape Town CBD and its surrounds, in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape. Some interesting facts about the city can be learned on this Cape Town tour, including the following:
• The Castle of Good Hope, which stands proudly on the outskirts of the CBD, was built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC). The Castle was developed as a maritime replenishment station, and from 1678 it was the centre of civilian, administrative and military life at the Cape until the area grew and operations expanded elsewhere. Today, the Castle is the seat of the military in the Cape, and is open for visitors to explore and learn more about its history.
• Tucked under the slopes of Signal Hill, the Bo Kaap is a fascinating and vibrant area that was somehow bypassed in the forced removals of the Apartheid. Also called the Malay Quarter, this area is characterised by its multi-coloured cottages and steep cobbled streets, as well as its exotic Malay culture. No tours in Cape Town would be complete without a visit to the Bo Kaap!
• For those who enjoy a sense of history, the South African Museum offers a look at life throughout the ages in South Africa. Many exhibits can be found here, and there is also a Planetarium situated within the building. The museum is situated in the Company Gardens, which holds the Seat of Parliament. Pristine lawns, shady paths, ornate fish ponds, statues of past leaders and plenty of curious squirrels are just part of the Company Gardens’ charm.
- Casserly. P: Very informative and friendly tour will recommend to other (Florida)
- Matthieu . L: Very nice and interesting of Cape Town, Thanks a lot for the quality of service. (France)
- Ryan. G : Very good informative tour and intro to Cape Town (UK)
- Nilsson. S: She was very entertaining; I enjoy the history and comments of South Africa. (Sweden)
- Seetohul : Amazing this city is.
- Clarke : Very educational,very enjoyable – thank you
- Duvall : Superb, educational and delightful
- Scott : A great overview of the city.
- Casutto: The history, the people – what a tour!
- Henry : A great introduction to your city
Price per Unit (Per Person): R420.00